My Chocolate Victoria Sponge – so good that I forgot to take a photo before I started eating it! Whoops!
Ok – I needed some help with some parts of this recipe, so thanks mum for organising the oven part!
150g caster sugar
150g self raising flour
2 x 100g Supermarket Own Brand Milk Chocolate Bar
100g Icing Sugar
1. Get a bowl and cream the margarine, sugar and beat the lightly until they are fluffy.
2. Beat both eggs (one at a time) adding a bit of flour at a time.
3. Melt the chocolate in a Pyrex dish, inside boiling water on the hob
4. Mix half the chocolate and the rest of the mix.
5. Pour the mixture into a thin cake tin.
6. I got my mum to put the cake into the preheated oven on 180C for 25 minutes (Thanks Mum =)
After 25 minutes, take the cake out and cut it horizontally in half.
Let the cake cool down on a rack.
While that is cooling down I made the filling which is called butter cream (substituted with margarine because we don’t use butter!)
7. Get 100g of icing sugar and 50g of margarine and mix thoroughly.
8. Add second half of chocolate into the mix
9. Put butter cream in the fridge to stiffen up a bit
Add butter cream filling.
If you have any butter cream left over make sure you eat the left over filling with a spoon, that is the best bit! 😉
Good luck, if you try this I hope it turns out well 🙂