My rocky road cakes with hobnobs… sort of…
Today, I made some rocky road cup cakes, well sort of.
I went out to buy the ingredients with my dad but the shop didn’t have any marshmallow’s that I needed.
This was very annoying, so I bought some hobnobs instead. So, I don’t know if there is a name for this recipe, so I am going to call it Hobnob Rocky Road Cakes.
These are some of the ingredients I used:
- 90g corn flakes (you could use Rice Krispies)
- 60g margarine (you could use butter)
- 3 tablespoons of syrup
- 150g Chocolate
- 50g raisins
- 50g biscuit
- Bun cases
Ok here is what I did to make them.
- I measured out all the ingredients first of all into pots, so I was prepared. The last thing I wanted was to be rushing around and burning things.
- I got about 6 hobnobs and put them into several paper towels (weighed about 50g) and smashed them up with a rolling pin. I recommend you get some help with this part, as it can be dangerous. I added the raisins to the biscuit mix (see below).
- Melt the chocolate in a Pyrex jug in some simmering water, so that the chocolate melts in the Pyrex jug without burning. Once the chocolate is almost melted, add margarine until it melts.
- Add the syrup and stir into the mix. This is a very messy part, you might need two spoons and some help to stop getting syrup everywhere.
- Then add the cornflakes and stir into the mix.
- Then I take the mix off the heat and stir in raisins and broken hobnobs. During this part, I had to transfer into a clean pan, as I ran out of space.
- Spoon the mixture into bun cases – this probably needs two people.
- Final, once the mix is in cases, leave to cool.
I had to hide my tray of cake’s as my cat Toby thought it was dinner time.
- Finally eat your yummy buns once the buns are cool.